Following the dethronement of Malam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi on Monday, as the Emir of Kano state, the Government of the state announced Alhaji Aminu Ado Bayero as the new Emir.
How well do you know this new emir? Sarauta tells you five things you should know about him.
1. Aminu is the son of the late emir of Kano, Alhaji Ado Bayero
2. Until his appointment, Aminu was the emir of Bichi, one of the four emirate councils in Kano.
3. He holds a degree in Mass Communication from the Bayero University, Kano state.
4. Before appointed as emir of Bichi, Ado Bayero was named district head of Nassarawa and Dan Maje Kano in 1990 by his late father Ado Bayero.
5. Aminu Ado Bayero is the 15th emir of Kano state